Sunday, January 8, 2012

see what happens

I've been reading and thinking a lot about passion and purpose.


I've been focused on passionate, purposeful doing this year... as opposed to striving, frenzied accomplishment.


The idea of mindfully working at those creative things that are important to me... those things that I do when I'm taking a break from the things I am suppose to be doing... all sounds wonderfully Zen and calm and right. But sometimes, sitting alone in a room with a blank something (paper, canvas, word document) and trying to fill it up with something meaningful, something soulful, something wholehearted... well, that can be a daunting task.
Then I remember... I just need to show up. No more striving... no more frenzy. One simple step forward... show up with the blank something and the goal of seeing what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment