Wednesday, January 30, 2013

go home

“Your living is determined not so much by what life brings to you as by the attitude you bring to life; not so much by what happens to you as by the way your mind looks at what happens.”  ~ Khalil Gibran




When adversity strikes, I have a tendency to become cynical... some might even say bitter. That's my initial reaction, taken with a bit of humor.

But bitter is not a good place to land; it's more of a trap than a solution. At some point, I eventually acknowledge the reality of where I am and determine what I need to learn or know or change to make things feel better.


When I find myself in this place, I need to take my own 
advice:
Take inspired action toward the life you want. Patience and positivity will help. Remove negative influences from your life. Surround yourself with that which helps you focus on the positive: take a hike, meditate, read a book, have coffee with an inspiring friend.
Our thoughts are powerful. Don't let them lead you into a trap. Take inspired action.

change your thoughts --> change your feelings --> change your actions

1 comment:

  1. So good to remember espically since I'm going to a place I've never been before

    ReplyDelete