Tuesday, February 20, 2018

we call BS

As you know, on February 14th, Valentine's Day, another school shooting occurred at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. Seventeen people were killed and fifteen more were taken to area hospitals.

I haven't been able to wrap my head around yet another mass shooting, another school shooting, another weapon of war purchased legally... it's a circle of despair, horror, and anger. But this time there seems to be a spark, the call to action by America's youth, to finally change our collective reality around guns, gun violence, and our assumed right to weapons of war. 

I am not sure what I will do to fan this spark. But I know I can vote; I can march; I can support the young people who are pushing back on NRA funded politicians; I can do so much more than send thoughts and prayers.







We have to elect candidates that are not funded by the NRA this November and beyond. You can register to vote now, as long as you will be 18 by November 6th. Check out vote411.org to find out about voting in your state.

We can support Everytown for Gun Safety, a movement to end gun violence and build safer communities, at everytown.org

We can read Brene Brown's book, Braving The Wilderness, especially chapter four "People Are Hard To Hate Up Close" and "Speak Truth to Bullshit".


We can watch Emma Gonzalez's speech and be inspired:




No comments:

Post a Comment