Monday, March 30, 2009

Hello?

After reading Sunday's New York Times article, Feeling Too Down to Rise Up, I began to wonder ... am I isolated from my neighbors and my community?  Has Twitter, Facebook, and blogging made more of our communication indirect and impersonal?

Yesterday, I was texting a friend while I was in the grocery store. I was unaware of everyone else in that public space; I didn't connect or speak with anyone who was also there shopping for groceries. 

Count the number of people using their phones or ipods the next time you are in a public space ... we narrowly miss each other.

Are we on the losing end of a rigged game? Are we suffering from anger fatigue and cable news ranting? 

Let's actually talk to each other face-to-face and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment