Monday, October 8, 2012

giving away Wonder


falling leaves
by charles coon
we know
that falling leaves
speak of death
in a season..
then we wonder
are we falling
as  the leaves..
falling also with
autumn beauty..?


similarities abound
we and the leaves..
fearful we are
with our hidden root..
yet we wonder
have we found
vision and courage..
beholding anew
creation's falling beauty
light's filtered colors...?

Over the weekend I left several copies of the book Wonder by RJ Palacio around Washington DC. Wonder is one of my all time favorite books. It's the book I give as a gift to nearly everyone I know... and many people I don't know. 

What's the reason I love Wonder so..? 

Wonder gives us a chance to see deeper, to look closer, and to reflect back. Perhaps once we’re all friends with August, we will be more willing to embrace others who don’t fit our vision of beautiful or cool.

Wonder returns to the public space library:


  In the sculpture garden, Washington D.C.



At the bus stop on 7th & G Streets

and finally, can you guess where?

No comments:

Post a Comment