Friday, May 2, 2014

a force for good

Yesterday, in New York...










"Find out what makes you kinder, what opens you up and brings out the most loving, generous, and unafraid version of you - and go after those things as if nothing else matters.
Because, actually, nothing else does."
- George Saunders 


I was just in New York. I met with lots of inspiring people who do good work. And, while flying, I read Congratulations, By The Way by George Saunders five times. And each time I read it, I cried a little. I cried in that good way you cry when you read Mr. Tushman's graduation speech at the end of Wonder. I cried in that heart pulling way you cry when reading Sarah Kay's spoken word poem, B.

If you need a graduation gift this spring, keep this little book in mind. I can't think of a better tribute or wish for a happy life.



No comments:

Post a Comment