Saturday, January 3, 2009

Finally

I am a big fan of Greg Mortenson and the Central Asia Institute

I was so excited to read the article in the Wall Street Journal on December 26th entitled "The Military Finds an Unlikely Advisor in School-Building Humanitarian".

Greg Mortenson, a humanitarian and co-author of the book Three Cups of Tea, has a surprising new job: advising the US Military on how to fight extremism. 

I was first introduced to Greg Mortenson when I read Three Cups of Tea.  I have gone to hear him speak; and my kids and I have collected Pennies for Peace.

...but I have always had that nagging hope in my heart that Mr. Mortenson's ideas of spreading peace through education would catch on with those in power in the United States.

And, here it is!

The tides are turning.

No comments:

Post a Comment