Saturday, July 18, 2009

Happy Birthday

When the going gets tough, the tough get meditating.
I've recently tried to reintroduce my meditation practice. I have a back-jack in my closet and occasionally disappear into the closet to practice the Buddhist tradition of approaching every moment with ... you know ... loving kindness.

Recently during one practice session, my son was searching the house for me. He does this by standing in one place and shouting "Mama... Mama..." From my place of peace I shouted back, "I'm in the closet!" A few moments later I could hear him enter the closet. "What... are you doing?" he asked. "Meditating." I answered. He sat next to me crossed legged, palms up. "Why?" he asked. "To clear my head; to find peace." I answered. He sat for a minute, then headed out of the closet. "Wow," he said as he left, "that really works!"

And on I practice...

3 comments:

  1. Love it, so him---m

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is so great! c

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!!! If it were only so easy. Hum...maybe it is, and THAT'S the secret!

    ReplyDelete