Sunday, August 28, 2011

everybody is a reader


"I am a reader, a flashlight-under-the-covers, carries-a-book-everywhere-I-go, don't-look-at-my-Amazon-bill reader... I am as much a composite of all of the book characters I have loved as of the people I have met."...  reading these lines I knew that The Book Whisperer author, Donalyn Miller, and I are cut from the same cloth.
As a reader, you know what no literary expert could ever teach: Reading changes your life. Reading unlocks worlds unknown or forgotten, taking travelers around the world and through time. Reading helps you escape the confines of school and pursue your own education. Reading shows you how to be a better human being.
If you want to inspire a love of reading in your children, you need to read The Book Whisperer: Awakening the Inner Reader in Every Child by Donalyn Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment